When you need to retain a youthful glow, Moxi laser is one of the very best tools in our aesthetic kit to provide us with the opportunity to experience smother, more refined and glowing skin.
Moxi Laser– Change the Way You Age
The most visible signs of ageing appear on the surface of our skin. These ageing signs are initially visible from the late 20’s to Early 30’s. Damage from excessive exposure to the sun (photodamage or sun damage) can also age our skin prematurely and increase as we mature. Our advice for our clients is to never stay complacent in pursuit of clear, healthy skin.
What is the Moxi Laser Technology?
Laser resurfacing is a means of repairing sun-damaged skin, correcting blemishes, and scarring, improving skin tone, and increasing skin elasticity. Laser resurfacing can be fine-tuned to correct several different issues which include to regenerate the skin by expediting collagen and elastin production. Moxi Laser resurfacing promotes the production of collagen and elastin to rebuild that extracellular matrix that lies under the surface of our skin.
Our Moxi Laser is the new generation of resurfacing lasers that offers a wider range of skin types more versatile resurfacing options. The Moxi is a 1,927-nanometer thulium laser, predictably developed by Sciton, considered the world leaders in lasers and light-based technologies.
Who Would Benefit from a Moxi Laser?
The Moxi laser offers a versatile range of benefits. It functions great as part of a skin rejuvenation plan and it’s also effective for “pre-juvenation”, patients that wish to ensure proactive skin maintenance before the visible signs of aging become apparent.
Moxi is designed for clients who are just beginning their skin rejuvenation journey or for clients that don’t want the extended downtime associated with other treatments. The Moxi can be used in isolation, or it can be integrated into a long-term skin rejuvenation plan like “The Magic” that also utilises other laser and light therapies like the BBL Hero Forever Young.
What improvements can I expect with Moxi Laser?
- Improve skin texture and skin tone
- Balance uneven pigmentation
- Little to no downtime
- Repairs sun-damaged skin
- Safe for all skin types
- Available year-round
Laser Experience Really Does Count
Saphira practitioners have over 25 years of clinical experience using lasers and light-based treatments. We have developed protocols for our Moxi laser treatments that can really reverse the visible effects of skin surface ageing and to help preserve skin tone, texture and luminosity in all skin colours and ethnicities.
Moxi Laser Pre-Treatment Precaustions
Pre-Treatment four weeks before your scheduled Moxi session:
- Avoid tanning and any excessive sun exposure.
- When you venture out under the sun, make sure to use high SPF broad-spectrum sunscreen for maximum protection.
- Avoid facial peels and microdermabrasion treatments.
What Happens on the Day of My Moxi Laser Treatment?
- When you come in for treatment, we will thoroughly clean your skin in the treatment area.
- Not all patients need topical anaesthetic cream, but we do offer this for patients who what more comfort during the procedure.
- You will be given special goggles to protect your eyes during treatment.
- Your Saphira Laser Specialist will then gently roll the laser’s tip over the treatment area on your face, neck, and other designated areas.
- After the laser has accomplished its mission, your Saphira Laser Specialist will apply a topical healing cream or balm to soothe your skin and begin the healing process.
- The whole procedure including application of topical anaesthetic takes about 1 hour.
Expect a Rapid Recovery with Moxi Laser
- Moxi Laser treatment requires no extended or special recovery.
- For a few hours after the treatment, you can expect some pinkness or mild swelling, but these effects should resolve in a few hours.
- For the next 24 hours after your session, we advise patients to avoid using make-up, exposure to direct sunlight, hot water on the treatment area or other topical treatments or products not included in your post care treatment regime.
- For 5-7 days after your session, you should avoid Retin-A and other retinol products.
- For a few days, the skin on the treated area might feel rough as your body regenerates new, healthy skin.
- After a week, you’ll begin to see your full results emerge.
What results you can expect from Moxi Laser?
Published Clinical Studies indicated:
- The Moxi laser delivered proven facial rejuvenation without the downtime and higher cost of other laser treatments.
- The 1,927 nm thulium laser design is safer and more effective and for Asian skin types.
- Clients with extensive photodamage on the scalp, laser treatments resulted in 60-90% improvements in “dyspigmentation, lentigines, and keratosis.”
- Clients choosing Moxi Laser found that décolleté photodamage very effective at improving skin appearance and regenerating the damaged tissue in this area.
Treatment Combinations create “The Magic” Skin Rejuvenation
Due to its light touch, Moxi can be incorporated into an anti-aging plan that effectively combines other light treatments. BBL HERO treatments synergise greatly with the Moxi fractional laser. BBL HERO treatments work in similar ways to non-ablative lasers.
Both of these premium technologies heat the deeper skin layers to initiate fresh collagen and elastin production to the area which stimulates the body’s natural healing process. BBL HERO works well at repairing rosacea, resolving red spots, and improving skin texture. Together, laser and BBL form a cohesive strategy at reversing and delaying the effects of ageing on our skin.
Above and Below Dec
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
All Clinics are by Appointment only and we are located in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Byron Bay.